Sponenburgh book
Peter Fairbrother
2018-08-05 17:36:35 UTC
(Hi LLoyd)

I am in the UK, and want to buy a copy of Lloyd's book Ball Milling
Theory and Practice for the Amateur Pyrotechnician. Amazon UK want £68
($88) a copy!!!

So I tried several US pyro sites - pyrodirect, AFN etc. None worked,
probably because I am in the UK not the US, and their online shops are
more focussed on chemicals etc, which are a pain to ship internationally.

Anybody got any ideas which might help? Ta.

Peter Fairbrother
Thomas Prufer
2018-08-06 06:01:37 UTC
Post by Peter Fairbrother
Anybody got any ideas which might help? Ta.
Lloyd or someone else might stick a copy in an envelope, and mail it
"First-Class Mail International", or possibly "Priority Mail International® 6-10
Business Days" for ~$25.

Thomas Prufer
Peter Fairbrother
2018-08-06 19:21:51 UTC
Post by Thomas Prufer
Post by Peter Fairbrother
Anybody got any ideas which might help? Ta.
Lloyd or someone else might stick a copy in an envelope, and mail it
"First-Class Mail International", or possibly "Priority Mail International® 6-10
Business Days" for ~$25.
Thomas Prufer
Which I would gladly Paypal them.

Peter Fairbrother

10 Sheepcote Barton
Trowbridge
Wilts
BA14 7SY
UK
The best news in machining
2018-08-17 23:14:42 UTC
Post by Peter Fairbrother
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 18:36:35 +0100, Peter Fairbrother
Post by Peter Fairbrother
Anybody got any ideas which might help? Ta.
Lloyd or someone else might stick a copy in an envelope, and mail it
"First-Class Mail International", or possibly "Priority Mail
International® 6-10 Business Days" for ~$25.
Thomas Prufer
Which I would gladly Paypal them.
Peter Fairbrother
10 Sheepcote Barton
Trowbridge
Wilts
BA14 7SY
UK
So sorry for posting so late to this. I've been on a barn roof for two
weeks!

Yes. Contact me by PM, and I will be glad to ship you a copy, for (say)
$15 USD beyond what the postage would cost. That covers my cost for the
copy and whatever is the postage.

Yours,
Lloyd
Peter Fairbrother
2018-08-29 13:41:14 UTC
And Lloyd has kindly sent me a copy, arrived today. Well worth the money
(mostly exorbitant postal charges) (and the wait).

Note that US postage charges are about 5 or 6 times UK charges for the
same packet but going in the other direction. You Americans don't seem
to get good value from your postal service.

Thanks Lloyd!

-- Peter Fairbrother
Lloyd
The best news in machining
2018-09-03 19:22:24 UTC
Post by Peter Fairbrother
And Lloyd has kindly sent me a copy, arrived today. Well worth the money
(mostly exorbitant postal charges) (and the wait).
Note that US postage charges are about 5 or 6 times UK charges for the
same packet but going in the other direction. You Americans don't seem
to get good value from your postal service.
Thanks Lloyd!
-- Peter Fairbrother
You're welcome, and you're right about our postal service.
Lloyd