Ammonium nitrate cold packs?
k***@gmail.com
2014-03-23 17:47:52 UTC
I have heard that you can get ammonium nitrate from certain brands of cold
packs...is there any way to tell which ones have it in them? Any particular
brand names to look for?
George.
Most cold packs in my country don't state whether they contain AN or UREA.If you cant understand someones question don't automatically think the person is stupid, its just you don't understand the question(stupid,your implying is not to understanding something you should-ironic don't you think)
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2014-03-23 18:03:43 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
.If you cant understand someones question don't automatically think
the person is stupid, its just you don't understand the
question(stupid,your implying is not to understanding something you
should-ironic don't you think)
Huh? Did I miss part of this thread? All he did was as a question. I
saw no aspersions of anyone else in that.

Or, is that some sort of 'sig' line which you haven't bothered to
demarcate from the rest of your post? If it is, may I suggest a
delimiter of some kind? Because, the way it is, it comes across as a
personal insult.

Lloyd
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2014-03-23 18:05:42 UTC
Post by Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
as a question.
ASK... duh.
Terry Coombs
2014-03-23 18:58:58 UTC
Post by Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Post by k***@gmail.com
.If you cant understand someones question don't automatically think
the person is stupid, its just you don't understand the
question(stupid,your implying is not to understanding something you
should-ironic don't you think)
Huh? Did I miss part of this thread? All he did was as a question.
I saw no aspersions of anyone else in that.
Or, is that some sort of 'sig' line which you haven't bothered to
demarcate from the rest of your post? If it is, may I suggest a
delimiter of some kind? Because, the way it is, it comes across as a
personal insult.
Lloyd
Uhhhh , Lloyd , you might have missed the date of the original question
... which was like 15 years ago .
Snag
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2014-03-23 19:02:33 UTC
Post by Terry Coombs
Uhhhh , Lloyd , you might have missed the date of the original question
... which was like 15 years ago .
Oh.. this Kathleen person is THAT sort of 'lurker'! Fffft! We have too
many of those. Lloyd out... <G>

LLoyd
Terry Coombs
2014-03-23 22:57:08 UTC
Post by Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Post by Terry Coombs
Uhhhh , Lloyd , you might have missed the date of the original question
... which was like 15 years ago .
Oh.. this Kathleen person is THAT sort of 'lurker'! Fffft! We have
too many of those. Lloyd out... <G>
LLoyd
Well , I agree she's a bit abrupt <gag> , but you have to understand ,
she's not accessing the group thru usenet - think web . Not sure just how
that works, but it seems to have dredged up a rash of responses to some very
old posts , such as this one . Some quite amusing , though no particular one
comes to mind .
Snag
Anon Emous
2016-07-17 15:21:01 UTC
Post by Terry Coombs
Well , I agree she's a bit abrupt <gag> , but you have to understand ,
she's not accessing the group thru usenet - think web . Not sure just how
that works, but it seems to have dredged up a rash of responses to some very
old posts , such as this one . Some quite amusing , though no particular one
comes to mind .
--
Snag
-----------
The internet archive of most TEXT groups from day one dobe —

www.daja.com.

I use it as my ISP does not support News Groups.

For BINARY news groups, i.e., alt.binaries.pictures.nospam.post-yourself-nude,
access is like the Scarlet Pimpernel "We seek him here, we seek him there..."
your favorite search engine will reveal portals.

The WiZard is In
----------------
Thus, pyrotechnics [energetic materials] cannot be
regarded as a harmless amusement and hobby for the
amateur. Only if the processor always acts under
the assumption that his mixture can spontaneously
"go off" without discernible cause will he avoid
grievous injuries and damage. Unfortunately, the
beginner will often pass through an initial
period of caution and anxiety followed by an
optimistic feeling of relaxation and subsequent
carelessness, culminating in an
accident.

Herbert Ellern
Pyrotechnics
Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology 16:840
Second Edition 1968

The late Herbert Ellern is know for his two books :-

Modern Pyrotechnics : Fundamentals of Applied Physical Pyrochemistry
Chemical Publishing 1961

Military and Civilian Pyrotechnics
Chemical Publishing 1968
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2014-03-23 18:05:07 UTC
I have heard that you can get ammonium nitrate from certain brands of
col
packs...is there any way to tell which ones have it in them? Any
particul
ar
brand names to look for?
George.
George, ammonium nitrate is pretty useless for pyro of any sort. If you
wish to make big explosions with it, it's more difficult than you might
imagine.

Take it from someone who does pyro for a living.

Lloyd
o***@gmail.com
2016-07-06 22:26:29 UTC
They don't all show product information. For instance I bought 2 different ones. Ice-eeze pack has product urea and PhysiciansCare instant cold pack doesn't show either but it does have ammonium nitrate. I had to google both packs to find out.
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2016-07-06 22:39:28 UTC
Post by o***@gmail.com
They don't all show product information. For instance I bought 2
different ones. Ice-eeze pack has product urea and PhysiciansCare
instant cold pack doesn't show either but it does have ammonium
nitrate. I had to google both packs to find out.
So, what's your point?
c***@gmail.com
this convo really trips me out, abunch of mean idiot smart guys with nothing better to do, like me, but add in our 2cents. I think stuff like this to extract ammonium nitrate from ice packs should not be allowed for any idiot to look up. this idiot (me) looked it up cause I like making out and N2o the only fire I wanted to burn hotter was down below. And who is this lloyd dude I think Im in love!!
d***@gmail.com
Wouldnt you need a license or something they may think your a terrorist buying amoniaum nitrate for use in bombs
c***@gmail.com
2017-10-27 01:09:38 UTC
George.
Tom Biasi
2017-10-27 16:19:06 UTC
s***@gmail.com
2018-01-04 03:48:29 UTC
LMAO!!
t***@gmail.com
2018-06-14 12:51:38 UTC
Ammonium nitrate is used to make nitric acid cheaply

Gregory Sullivan
2017-10-27 02:03:51 UTC
You can still get it fairly easily
from any dealer that sells fertilisers
despite people who have ulterior motives
for its use. Buying cold packs is a very
expensive way to obtain it.
t***@gmail.com
2018-06-14 12:49:52 UTC
I take it you wish to produce nitric acid?