firework book
salutelover
2004-02-09 16:44:37 UTC
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get this book. (Don't laugh
but i don't think this will be the right author or een book but i
think ya'll will know which book i'm talkin bout. i'm at school so the
computer won't let me go to fireworksland.com where i know i can find
the exact name of the book and author) But i'm gonna give it my best
try. I THINK it's called Tom Peregrin's Introductory to Fireworks. I
know i'm prolly 100% wrong but that's just what stuck out in my head.
If ya'll have any clue at all as to what i'm talkin bout gimme a
holler. I looked on Skylighter at this book and it was bout 45 bucks.
I was just wondering if ya'll knew of somewhere i could get it
cheaper. Thanks alot. God bless,

Matt
Bas

Matt
pizzarro
2004-02-09 21:11:54 UTC
I have bought it, and it is worth.

Maurizio C.
Italia
Mike Swisher
Matt
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2004-02-10 12:31:17 UTC
I think maybe they publish it for him, now; can't be sure. I last saw "Tom"
at an FPAG shoot about a year ago. I've not heard a peep since.

LLoyd
sales apart from them.
3.142-RO
2004-02-10 20:25:00 UTC
"Tom" is working a new version of the book, but it doesn't seem likely to be
out this year. Some things will be in more detail, and some new items. He's
also going to remove the part about making CIA method BP in a coffee
carraffe. I think he's going to do a section on Italian style shells, star
rolling techniques, and further detail on ball shells. Among other things.
He will also have an improved tools section. For now though, I think it's
the best beginner book around.

sales apart from them.
SamD
2004-02-10 02:53:28 UTC
Post by salutelover
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get this book. (Don't laugh
but i don't think this will be the right author or een book but i
think ya'll will know which book i'm talkin bout. i'm at school so the
computer won't let me go to fireworksland.com where i know i can find
the exact name of the book and author) But i'm gonna give it my best
try. I THINK it's called Tom Peregrin's Introductory to Fireworks. I
know i'm prolly 100% wrong but that's just what stuck out in my head.
If ya'll have any clue at all as to what i'm talkin bout gimme a
holler. I looked on Skylighter at this book and it was bout 45 bucks.
I was just wondering if ya'll knew of somewhere i could get it
cheaper. Thanks alot. God bless,
Matt\
Your lucky though because for me, who lives in New Zealand, it cost
$30 ($NZ60) to ship it here!!, But, regardless, i will still buy it
because everyone recomends it so highly
PyroLeo
2004-02-10 03:52:25 UTC
I think you're being ripped off. As long as it fits in a global priority
flat-rate envelope (9-1/2 x 12-1/2 inches) it would only cost $9.00 USD for
shippping, and should arrive there in NZ within a week. That rate is good for
up to 4 pounds weight.

I suspect there are some heavy "handling" fees being assessed. I guess since
Harry is the only source he feels he has you over a barrel. I have seen that
book occasionally come up for auction on eBay also.

Leo
----------------------
Alan Yates
2004-02-10 08:43:34 UTC
Yeah skylighter international shipping rates are pretty expensive. They
*start* at $28 USD for surface, about $34 for air for the first pound or
part there off, at least to Australia.

For stuff like books or videos that is very discouraging!

I'd buy a lot more stuff from skylighter if I could afford the shipping.
I can understand handling costs, it is a business and I enjoy the
service, but if it all fits in a GP bag I think $15 would be more
reasonable.
--
Alan Yates
http://www.vk2zay.net/